God Wants Me Happy is our new name. We've grown from Depression No More! as a declaration that frees one from the grips of depression. A group of people that recognize that depression is a form of mental bondage that attempts to block the blessings of God over our lives. We are a group of people who, united together believe God for healing and trust Him for deliverance in this area.
Do you believe that you can be happy?
Does it ever enter your mind that you can live a life where you can be at peace with yourself and others?
Have you allowed fear, depression, anxiety or the other ills of this life cause you to feel completely hopeless? Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go; it will be done for you as you have believed.” And the servant was restored to health at that very hour. Matthew 8:13 (AMP)
What do you believe? Do you believe that you are supposed to feel down? Do you feel that you are supposed to be hopeless? Do you believe that depression is your life? In my post Do You Want to Be Happy?, I cover why these feelings, while we experience them, that is all that they are meant to be experiences. These experiences build you, they are not irrelevant.
It's time that you believe that you can be happy! It is God's desire that we live happy lives, even if we don't feel happy every day. We have the capability in God to live in peace while all of hell…
I let someone upset me. Yes, I realize that people will upset us in life, but I allowed someone to get me angry. I didn’t look to God for almost an hour and even when I did, it wasn’t for long. What happened?
I’m at work and our new supervisor was out at training. While he was out we had several emergencies that we handled in his absence. The end of the day approached and I provided him with a status update and informed him that I needed to leave for the day. While informing him that I was leaving I advised him that he needed to ask to be excused from the training that he was attending to free him to be involved in sorting out the emergencies. His response to me: “It is a problem that you can’t accommodate working additional hours and be a team player”. I didn’t remind him that I had already worked an additional hour. At the time of his writing I was already passed my closing time, trying to “help”. I responded: “Thank you for the kind words, as I am still here working.” I then closed…
I pray that your weekend was wonderful. I also pray that this week will be a blessing to you. It can be hard jumping back into your everyday activities so take it easy.
Here are 7 Steps to A Successful Week.
1. Pray to God about all that you need to do, big and small, and ask Him to help you to accomplish all that you need to do.
2. List what you need to accomplish this week.
3. Break down any large projects into small goals so that it doesn't overwhelm you.
4. Schedule some down time to relax. Relaxing will give your brain a chance to rejuvenate and allow creativity to flow.
5. Get your list completed! Celebrate your accomplishments.
6. Tell someone how this is working for you. Encourage someone. Hug someone. Call an old friend and catch up.
7. Thank God for all that you were able to do. Thank Him for getting you through the week and getting through each of these steps.